Friday, July 20, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

759 pages of magic - Harry Potter volume 7 has arrived. I stood in line at Wal-mart just after midnight to get my hardback copy and the audio. Also got a poster and a bookmark and a trivia flier for my efforts at being in line at midnight for this momentous occasion. Understood from some teens who had been there earlier that they were given arm bands to keep the line orderly before midnight. I waited until midnight to get there - sure that check out lines would be long for a while and while there were lines, everything went smoothly and I was checked out and headed home by 12:35 pm. I read a few pages in the check out line but will have to travel Saturday so I got the audio to help me get along in the book so I can finish this weekend. Oh the joy of seeing that many people excited about a book. It was great fun just being at Wal-mart on a Friday night with Harry fans!
Donna Slaton ~ Miss Pockets

No comments: